The task is to make a screen sharing app with a chat functionality.
It is to be a client-server application, where the Host exposes its screen and plays as a chat server, and the Client is a web application that shows what the server exposes and also allows to send/receive short messages.
The exact feature list and UI is up to you to decide, minimal requirements would be:
- multiple simultaneous clients
- still picture of the screen, that is updated periodically
- a single global "chat room" accessible without authentication
- newly connected clients are not required to receive any chat history
- Host should be informed about clients connected/disconnected
Some optional features:
- Every individual client it should be a floating window in server to display a user mouse movements over screen in web application.
- Implement a file sharing between Host and Clients.
Consider this as a real open source project you'd publish. Think of MVP and invest in quality rather than additional functionality. A product should be seen as something that is a pleasure to use.
Make sure to include a README and good luck!