The task is to make a screen sharing app with a chat functionality.
It is to be a client-server application, where the Host exposes its screen and plays as a chat server, and the Client is a web application that shows what the server exposes and also allows to send/receive short messages.
The exact feature list and UI is up to you to decide, minimal requirements would be:
- multiple simultaneous clients
- still picture of the screen, that is updated periodically
- a single global "chat room" accessible without authentication
- newly connected clients are not required to receive any chat history
- host is to know how many clients are connected
There are no technology requirements: we understand that people have different technical backgrounds and we value your time, so you can use whatever makes you more efficient. Or if time is not an issue, you can use this task as an opportunity to experiment with something new.
Consider this as a real open source project you'd publish. Think of Minimum Viable Product and invest in quality rather than additional functionality. A product should be seen as something that is a pleasure to use.
Make sure to include a README and good luck!